Friday, August 13, 2010

Haul Truck Day!

Ok, think about an average sized, two story house. Now think about putting giant wheels on it. Now think about driving it around. Yeah, that's how big they are! SEE??

The fact that I'm only about half as tall as the wheel kind of makes me nervous. Haha, I can't even keep my hard hat on straight!

I know you're asking yourself "HOW big is this thing?" Well let me show you some more. After you've climbed the 20 feet to get into the cab, you look out your right hand side and see the deck. Yep, it's 20 feet long. You could put a whole living room out there!


And, yes, I did get to drive it. So cool!!! It was weird, I would completely forget that I had another 20 feet to my right that I needed to worry about. But don't worry, we were just up on the waste rock dump, away from everybody else, so I couldn't cause any damage.


I still can't get over how big this thing is! It's engine is the size of about 10 of me.

Now remember how big the trucks are? Now look at the shovels. Even bigger!

It's hard to communicate the awe that is felt when standing next to one of these monsters. But I tried my best. I hope your inner child was awakened to appreciate this. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment