Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer fun

Just a wrap up of my summer. I got to do a lot of fun things, but I worked hard too. I researched and tested mercury control for the process division of the Goldstrike mine. Hopefully, my work will be carried on and I will have done some good this summer :)

This is the Betze (pronounced betsy) pit. It is the largest, gold producing pit in North America. Pretty cool, huh?


I also did some work out at our reclaimed area, called Bazza. We try to track the wildlife that's out there, so we have a "stealth" camera. It's all cammo and everything, but we just hang it on a post in the open. When we moved it, though, we had to make sure the motion sensor worked, which is why I'm all crouched down.

Yep, it works, hahaha.

Good summer, great people, one big pile of dirt, and one amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment