Monday, March 15, 2010

The Same Little Things

Every morning I get up and commence my morning routine. I have to. If I don’t, I’m late for school.

Having been diagnosed with ADD in high school, I’ve incorporated “coping techniques” into my life, one of which is a routine. The downside to a routine is that there’s nothing new about it… ever.

I know what you’re thinking: That’s kind of the point.

But I don’t just have a morning routine; I have a daily, weekly, and semester-ly routine. Though I don’t mind a little monotony here and there, a whole life of it can be exhausting!

No more!! I declare. I am breaking free! I will no longer be a slave to my routine… merely a hired servant.

Unfortunately, I still have to do homework, and go to work, and of course there’s the matter of hygiene. Therefore, I vow to see my routine in a different way. The little things, if you will, of my life that normally get passed up or go unnoticed.

Day one: The little bit of color that I noticed today:





1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for your coping techniques, but it makes life easier when you know what you're going to do (even if you don't have ADD). I love it, but kids don't exactly have a set routine. :)

    ReplyDelete