Friday, February 11, 2011

My Great Day

Or not so great, as it were...

It started out ok, but then the dentist called. You know you're day can't be great if the dentist calls. Turns out they had a cancellation and wanted fit me in for a cleaning.

Dentist: "We have an opening for you at 10:30!"
Me: "10:30? Well... it's 9:30 now, and I'm in Provo, but I will be there as fast as I can!"

First of all, what was I thinking?? I should have just left it at "No, I won't make it in time. Thanks, anyway!" ...Stupid...

I run home from school as fast as I can, hop in my car and (of course) start speeding down the highway. And wouldn't you know it, the day that I'm late is the day when fate decides to turn against me; I got pulled over for the first time in my life!! Luckily, fate was feeling merciful and decided that I only needed a 9-over speeding ticket instead of the 15-over it should have been.

So I finally get to the dentist, 20 minutes late, of course, knowing that fate is already in a bad mood. Now, my cavity history is not the greatest; it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I will always have cavities. I remember this one time when the dentist told me I didn't have any... yeah, that was a good day...

Anyway, so it's not enough for me to just have cavities today. No, I need a potential root canal. Wait, make that two. Yeah.

They say bad things come in threes. Do you think I can count the root canals as two and be done with it? Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment