Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Quite Enjoy the Oxford Comma

The Oxford comma is the comma used immediately before acoordinating conjunction (usually and or or, sometimes nor) preceding the final item in a list of three or more items. (Wikipedia)

Also, my favorite punctuation mark is the semi-colon. I know what you're thinking, "I haven't even thought about what my favorite punctuation mark is." That's ok. The only reason I know mine is because I find that I use it whenever possible. Occasionally I'll even go out of my way to use it (but don't tell anyone). It's just so handy! It conveys perfectly that elusive relationship between two phrases that are separate sentences but still go together.

Okay, okay, I'm done boring you now. Go do something fun and completely ungrammatical.

No comments:

Post a Comment